Why Do Cable Need High Temperature Aging Test
April 19, 2021
Cables and wires are most essential network of connectivity in numerous industries. They have several applications and so exhibits variety of properties. These properties are tested and categorized as per their use. The most extreme conditions faced by the cables is the dry heat.Prolong encounter with heating condition may lead the polymer material cracking or ageing.
Accelerated Ageing Oven is conduct ageing test for Cables and wires.It evaluate the material behaviour in rapidly increasing temperature and accelerated form of heating environment. It imitates the real time heating condition which the cable and wire might experience in its daily use.
According to the test standards, the cable aging test oven shall meet the following conditions:
1. The air in the aging room high-speed circular flow
2. High temperature: 100℃/200℃/300℃/400℃
3. The test cycle
Test standard 1: ASTM D 5423-93
1. Rate of Ventilation: 5~20 times/h (At a temperature of 100 ℃)
2. Rate of Ventilation: 100~200 times/h (At a temperature of 100 ℃)
Test standard 2: ASTM D 5374
1. Rate of Ventilation: 5~20 times/h, 100~200 times/h
2. Set temperature, Temperature variation(refer to table 1)
4. Temperature fluctuation
5. Thermal lag time: the temperature delay cannot exceed 660s when working at 200℃.